Sunday, October 30, 2005

Touch down

I still can't spell the words that are used to greet here, so I won't try yet.

So hello and greetings from South Africa! I have landed safely, and I am now at my first internet cafe here. In a mall, oddly enough. Africa is full of paradoxes; fully-equipped North-American style malls just 5 miles from an impoverished village. My living arrangements are great. I will write more next week. I just wanted to make a quick post to say the weather is beautiful and hot, the air outside my room smells like flowers due to the iris tree growing there, and that I am due to begin my work tomorrow. I have little or no jet lag, and my bags are unpacked. For all of you who are praying, thank you for your prayers! I love reading people's comments, so pelase continue to post!

More to come next week. As they say in South Africa, go well.

grace and peace,
maeghan

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

soar with the eagles, remember the turkeys at home

6:17 PM  
Blogger sky juliet said...

Megs,

I love you babe. I am praying for you. Stay stong and may God be with you. Pleasee pray for Riverbend TEC #201 it is short half of its team. Thanks love

Rebecca

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There once was a girl name Maeghan,
Courageous and faithful and true.
She took a plane out to Africa,
Which some thought that she shouldn't do.

But her heart was after God's own,
And she did what He said was best,
And so I will pray for my dear friend,
That her time away will be blessed.

I love you and miss you Maeghan. Thank you for taking the time to blog and keep us all updated!

Heather :O)

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe Maegs,

I miss you! I've been checking this page every other day, it's been month since you last posted. Praying that everything is all right and that you're having an amazing time.

Thinking of you lots!
-kt ;)

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home